Applying to our School
- The child or young person has a diagnosis of Autism.
- The child or young person will have a Education and Health Care Plan
- To ensure the school is suitable for the child's age, ability and aptitude
- An initial referral form will be completed by either a parent/carer or a professional
- Mackworth House School will undertake a full assessment of the child or young person
- An offer of placement will be made following the assessment if Mackworth House School are able to meet the child's or young person's needs
- Mackworth House School will provide a breakdown of the service that will be provided and the cost
- Once funding has been agreed, a suitable transition plan and date will be put in place to detail the child's move to the school. The child, parents/carers and people from the multi-disciplinary team who are directly involved with the child will all be involved in its design.
For a referral form, please contact the Head Teacher, Alan Buckley, at: